Always place your baby on his or her back to sleep. Side and tummy positions are not safe!
- Read all of the manufacturer’s instructions, guidelines and warnings for use. Often these are based on the baby’s weight and size.
- If using a drop-side crib, make sure it is always up and in the locked position when your baby is in it.
- During the time you use the product, check regularly for loose or missing parts (including screws and bolts), tears, holes and peeling or cracked surfaces.
- Never place extra padding such as pillows or folded quilts in a play yard or bassinette. The mattress pad is thin by design for safety reasons. Adding extra padding can cause a suffocation or entrapment hazard for your baby.
- Do not tie toys or other items across the top of the sleep product. This can be dangerous for your baby. Mobiles should also be removed when your baby can pull himself up.
- Never place your baby’s sleep product near a window. Always be sure that window treatments and decorations are cordless or that long cords are far out of reach of babies or children.
- Always use a single sheet that fits tightly and securely on the mattress.
- Never put blankets, quilts, soft or padded bumpers, stuffed animals or other soft items in your baby’s sleep space when they are in it.
- Use a wearable blanket or other type sleeper instead of blankets to keep your baby warm and safe during sleep.
- Never place your baby to sleep on top of any soft surface. This includes adult beds, sofas, pillows, cushions or quilts.
- Never use wedges or positioners to prop your baby up or keep her on her back.
Make sure your baby has a safe place to sleep when visiting or traveling!