Create a Safe Sleep Zone
By creating a safe sleep zone for your baby every time he or she is placed down to sleep, you will be providing your baby the best possible chance to survive and thrive.
- Your baby should sleep on a firm mattress covered with only a tight-fitting crib sheet.
- Use a wearable blanket or other type sleeper, instead of blankets, to keep your baby warm and safe during sleep.
- Crib bumpers, wedges and positioners should never be used in your baby’s sleep area.
- Do not place any other items in the crib.
- Always place your baby on his or her back for sleep.
- Make sure your baby has a safe place to sleep when visiting or traveling.
Last Updated: Dec 13, 2012
By creating a safe sleep zone for your baby, every time he or she is placed down to sleep, you will be giving your baby the best possible chance to reach his or her first birthday healthy and safe!
© Copyright 2013 First Candle