What You Can Do
There are many ways you can support our efforts to increase awareness of stillbirth and the importance of kick counting in reducing the risk of late-term stillbirth. Contributions of time, expertise and dollars are critically needed to help sustain this campaign. For more information on how you can help, please contact Dana Kaplin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.221.7437.
- Distribute Kicks Count! materials in your community. First Candle will supply you with educational materials that can be delivered to neighborhood clinics, health departments, OB/GYN offices, prenatal educators, nurses, midwives and others.
- Identify local groups and individuals that may be interested in distributing Kicks Count! materials and forward their names and addresses to First Candle.
- Participate in advocacy efforts to support legislation related to stillbirth and infant survival. We will let you know when legislation is introduced so you can help gain the support of your congressional leaders.
- Provide a testimonial of your experience for use in outreach efforts.
- Get involved with our social marketing platforms, from blogging to facebook and twitter.
- Join the Kicks Count! Advisory Board and provide guidance to the campaign.
- Attend professional or scientific meetings with First Candle staff to share ideas and discuss preventive strategies.
- Reach out to the people you know to secure in-kind services or contributions.
© Copyright 2013 First Candle