Monitoring your health during the last trimester is important too. Here are some helpful tips:
Continue good prenatal care. Eat well, get plenty of rest and keep all doctor appointments. Keep diabetes and high blood pressure under control.
Know the warning signs of premature labor. Call your doctor if you have one or more of the following symptoms:
- Contractions (abdomen tightening like a fist every 10 minutes or more often)
- Vaginal bleeding or leaking fluid
- Pelvic pressure (like your baby is pushing down)
- Low, dull backache
- Cramps that feel like your period
- Abdominal cramps (with or without diarrhea)
Take a childbirth class. This will help you prepare for labor and delivery.